Established Tibet Travel Guide – Must-See for newbies
October 24, 2019
1. How’s the weather in Tibet? Is that hot in summer? Can it be very cold in wintertime?
Tibet is in a top plateau, and it is supposed to be to typical downy specific climate. Climates are quite different in numerous areas of Tibet. The eastern Tibet which can be at a lower degree of lift is warmer than american Tibet. In some pile areas, there are four seasons concurrently in different altitude. The weather in one day varies greatly, too. The night is cold while the afternoon is warm. It spans 12-15 degrees centigrade within a day.
Climate in southeastern Tibet which includes Nyingchi and Chamdo is balmy having an average temperature of ten degrees centigrade; while in western Tibet (Shigatse and Nagqu) is fairly cold with an climate below zero degree.
Yet, in the central area regarding Tibet, the climate regarding Lhasa and Tsedang will be more favorable for touring. Travelers can visit those two areas all year about, not too hot in summer rather than too cold in wintertime.
2. How is the trail condition in rainy time of year in Tibet? Need I take any rainproof with me at night?
The rainy season in Tibet is especially from June to September and it does employ a bad impact on the particular roads. However, there are many observe maintenance workers and neighborhood army would also give help restore the roads. Most of the time, it only takes several hours to make the streets feasible again. As for your rainproof, you are suggested to adopt raincoat, rain-proof trousers and shoes in order to trek, climb the pile or ride a cycle. If you have party tours organized by several travel agencies, usually you should not take rainproof with an individual, because Tibet often rains during the night and the weather is fairly good in the day. Besides, the tourist bus is always along.
3. What is local plumber to travel to Tibet?
Most of the time, early April is the beginning of travel season, which lasts to mid-June when numerous Chinese travelers rush to be able to Tibet for summer getaway. Late June to the conclusion of National Holiday could be the peak travel season any time some important festivals used in Tibet, like Shoton Celebration, Gyantse Dawa Festival and Nagqu horse riding Festival. After mid March, Tibet turns to winter so when the visitors reduce tremendously, more than half regarding hotels are closed for your poor reservation.
As to find the best time to travel, it depends on your travel need.
1. If you want an exceptionally cheap price, go to be able to Tibet in winter, coming from December to next Goal. All the things can be cheap; even the vacationer sites offer 30-50% lower price on entrance fee. Accommodations are cheap, too. It is possible to enjoy 5 star hotels with lower than 100USD including breakfast. Weighed against traveling in August, the expense of a winter tour is 50%-60% of a summer season tour. Because of the indegent amount of visitors, the Potala Palace lets you spend even a whole day inside. Besides, the monks usually are not busy and have time to chat with an individual.
2. If you just like trekking, do it at May or September if the monsoon will never bother you as well as the weather is balmy and also pleasant.
3. If you adore Mt. Everest and desire to see the clear face than it, try to avoid the particular rainfall season and foggy weather conditions.
4. If you want to visit the grass terrain in north Tibet, do the tour in July if the flowers bloom in vast grassland and sets of yak and sheep, Tibetan nomad tents spread throughout the grassland.
5. Those who would like to drive to Tibet by means of Sichuan-Tibet highway should prevent the rainy season. There will probably be mudslides, cave-ins and mire on certain chapters of the road, blocking the particular passage of vehicles.
About high altitude sickness
1. What is high altitude sickness? What’s the symptom of high altitude sickness?
High altitude sickness may well occur at high altitudes (over 2700m) as a result of decreasing availability of o2. It usually occurs using a rapid ascent and can easily usually be prevented simply by ascending slowly. Symptoms often manifest by themselves six to ten hrs after ascent and generally subside in 1 to 2 days, but they occasionally become the more serious ailments. Common symptoms of high altitude sickness include shortness regarding breath, headache, fatigue, abdomen illness, dizziness, and slumber disturbance.
2. How in order to avoid or relieve high altitude disease?
Keep a good disposition, don’t be too thrilled or be too focused on high altitude sickness. Just before visiting Tibet, get as healthy as you can, both physically and emotionally.
Take care of yourself and prevent catching cold before planning to Tibet, and not to adopt shower at the first two days when you are in Lhasa in order to avoid being cold, or you may easily suffer from altitude sickness under weak shape.
Do not drink any alcohol around the first two days if you are in Tibet. Drink a lot of water and eat mild, high-carbohydrate meals for a lot more energy.
Do not work, jump or do some taxing jobs on the first two days. Being peaceful and creating a good rest are crucial.
Once you have the particular symptoms of altitude disease, take some medicine (it is known that it’s helpful to own some butter tea when you can adapt to the flavor than it) and don’t go higher. Medication and oxygen also help prevent altitude sickness. Mild altitude sickness symptoms may be treated with proper treatment. If medication and oxygen usually do not relieve the symptoms, head to hospital or evacuate immediately with a safe altitude!
Oxygen can assist you relieve the symptoms regarding altitude sickness, but usually do not use it too usually in Lhasa while the symptoms of altitude sickness usually are not serious. If you sense chilly or feel extremely uncomfortable, you should see a nearest hospital available in your community.
In addition to the conventional medications for traveling you need to bring high altitude treatment. Seek suggestions from your medical professional.
Tell your tour guide quickly unless you feel well and stick
to the guide’s advice.
3. What can i do if I have high altitude sickness after arriving inside Tibet?
There are hospitals in lots of large cities in Tibet. You may adapt to mild high altitude sickness by yourself slowly and you will go to hospital when it is serious. After you have previously had high altitude disease, you should rest properly, do not move a lot of, keep eating, drink several water with black glucose or take some treatments. If the high altitude disease is pretty severe, you ought to go to hospital, or descend for some lower places, or abandon Lhasa immediately. High altitude sickness shall disappear when you descend to certain altitude and possesses no sequel symptoms.